How To Be Your Own Valentine
Haven’t you heard? Self love is all the rage these days and honestly we are loving it.
All though, showing yourself some love can be easier said than done, so I wanted to share some tips on all the lovin’.
From a young age we all grew up watching movies that romanticize a partner saving you from all your problems and then suddenly finding happiness.
But let's be real, we know that's bullshit.
Don’t get me wrong, it is wonderful to have human connection. But we as humans are full of love and it's about time we show up for ourselves instead of waiting for someone else to show us! Once you start showing yourself love, love will find you one way or another. Fill your own cup, so that eventually it can pour to others. Self love is a continuous journey, and you will have your good days and bad days. It doesn’t come easy, so here are some recommendations from us to you to help retrain your brain into some lovin:
Uri: "Radical Acceptance" by Tara Branch and "The Fifth Agreement" by Don Miguel Ruiz
Fallene: Your Body Is Not An Apology Workbook
Jenessa: "The Mountain is You" by Brianna Wiest
Annaliese:"I thought it was just me" by Brene Brown, "101 Essays that will change the way you think" by Briana Wiest, and "Untamed" by Glennon Doyle
So what can you do to show yourself some love for Valentine's day?
- Take yourself on a date, buy the flowers AND the chocolate
- Do a deep self care regimen! Hair treatments and skin care. Personally I have been using a Gua Sha in my everyday routine and I am loving it.
- Treat yourself to a service like a massage, facial, and come get your hair done!
- Journal, light a candle, meditate, whatever brings you peace and joy.
- Do something fun that you've never done before
- Spend some time in nature
- This one might seem a little silly, but I promise you it really does wonders if you stay consistent. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself "I love you" or repeat affirmations to yourself, like "I am loved. I am enough. I am deserving of good things." or whatever you feel like you need to hear.
From what I’ve seen on the internet, Denver is slim pickins as far as the dating scene, so might as well just date yourself. It can be scary doing things alone, but I swear once you do it, you’ll never go back to relying on people to do the things you want to do. You'll eventually realize that everything you’ve been looking for is already within you.
All of these things are practices that you should try to incorporate everyday. But try these for Valentine's Day to show yourself some extra love. Also, give yourself a hug while you are at it!
Because you are so awesome for reading all of our February blog, we would love to offer you a complimentary Royal Jelly Treatment! Fill out the form here to claim your complimentary treatment.
Written by Jenessa Gallegos
Leave a comment